We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with ESI technologies to provide VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure for customers in Canada.
VNEXT, a certified Microsoft Partner with extensive experience in Azure Cloud Infrastructure (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) implementations and deployments, has partnered with ESI Technologies, a VMware partner that holds a Master Services Competency in Data Center Virtualization. With this offering, we are teaming up to help organizations in North America deliver virtualized Windows desktops and applications to any device, anytime with VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure.
What would this partnership mean to customers?
With VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure customers will have the ability to pair their existing Microsoft Azure infrastructure with the VMware Horizon Cloud Service. Horizon Cloud delivers feature-rich virtual desktops and applications using a purpose-built cloud platform that is scalable across multiple deployment options, including fully managed infrastructure from Microsoft Azure.
Above all, this service supports a cloud-scale architecture that makes it easy to deliver virtualized Windows desktops and applications to any device, anytime. And, with a flexible subscription model, organizations could easily get up and running quickly. Microsoft Azure also brings with it hourly billing, attractive SPLA licensing, compliance with industry mandates such as HIPAA and PCI, and world-class SLAs.
Horizon Cloud – Azure Capabilities
Application & Desktop Delivery
- Ability to deliver virtual applications and Windows 10 desktops on Microsoft Azure while leveraging cloud resources.
- Dedicated and floating desktops are available with VDI.
- Cloud-based Management Console.
- Intuitive Horizon Cloud management console to manage remote and virtual desktops, apps, and users.
- on Microsoft Azure in one place.
- Built-in Monitoring Service with logs, notifications, and analytics.
“We are aiming to provide organizations with the ability to connect their own instance of Microsoft Azure to the incredibly intuitive Horizon Cloud control plane, to help them create a secure and comprehensive cloud-hosted solution for delivering virtualized Windows applications and desktops” Ezekiel Calabia, Founder & CEO – VNEXT iQ
Use Any Device, Anywhere
With Horizon Cloud you can use any device, anywhere to access your desktop and applications. This includes thin clients, zero clients, PCs, Macs, iPads, Android devices, smartphones, Amazon Kindle Fires, and Google Chromebooks.
How About Licensing?
Customers can purchase the Horizon Universal License which entitles them to Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure, and is available in the two subscription models below:
- Per named user (NU) – For virtual environments with staff that require dedicated access to virtual machines throughout the day.
- Per concurrent connection (CCU) – For virtual environments with a high number of users who share machines throughout the day, such as students and shift workers. You then purchase your own Microsoft Azure to host your virtual desktops and applications.
Also, the Horizon Universal License is based upon a monthly subscription model.
Horizon Cloud supports MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication). There is also support for RADIUS based authentication when accessing desktops and applications over the internet.
Intuitive web application designed for support staff and admins to easily look up user sessions, troubleshoot problems and perform desktop maintenance operations such as restart or reset desktops.
How to Get Started?
If you would like to learn more about how to deliver virtualized Windows desktops and applications to any device, anytime, and see how your business can benefit with this VMware Horizon Cloud on Azure offering click here, our specialists will help you get started.