The Request-A-team App
The adoption of Microsoft teams is growing year by year. Microsoft Teams has more than 145 million daily active users. As a result, enterprise organizations have expressed a need to standardize and promote best practices around creating new team instances. The Request-A-team App Template supports these goals by providing a framework that automates the team creation process based on core features and channel options relevant to optimizing usage. This enables faster response time for team requests and offers organizations a wealth of personalization options to implement repeatable best practices for team collaboration.
- Easy to use the team request form to collect team scope, stakeholders (owners and members), and business justifications for new team instances.
- The embedded approval process for approval and/or rejection of requests submitted.
- Requestor and approver dashboards showing past and current requests with status.
- The automated team builds on approval, including creating new instances based on existing groups and channels.
Make the most of Microsoft Teams by leveraging the request-A-Team feature
App templates are examples of complete apps for Microsoft Teams that are open-source and available on GitHub. The key benefits of using App templates are:
- Deploy directly to the cloud: All app templates include deployment scripts that allow you to host all essential services in Microsoft Azure or the Power Platform.
- Recommended sample code: The app templates conform to recommended best practices around security and infrastructure. All community submitted changes to the app templates are reviewed to ensure conformance.
- Customizable and extensible: While all app templates are deployed with minimal configuration, the entire code base and deployment scripts are provided to customize or extend them to fit your unique needs easily.
- Detailed documentation: All app templates are accompanied by end-to-end documentation on solution architecture, deployment, and configuration steps.
List of components
The Request-A-team App solution consume some Azure and M365 resources listed below:
- Azure Key Vault
- Azure Logic App
- Azure API Connections
- Azure Automation Account
- Power Apps
- Power Automate
- Microsoft Teams
- SharePoint Online
- Exchange Online
With the latest release, Request-A-Team now officially supports the creation of Teams based on templates defined in the Admin Center. The Admin Center templates power the native ‘out of the box’ Teams Templates functionality. In addition to the support of Admin Center based templates, Request-A-Team still supports ‘cloning’ teams by defining these as a template. Additionally, Request-A-Team supports the application of sensitivity labels to a created team.
With Request-A-team App organizations can control the Teams creation in an effective manner, configure Teams templates, control by approving the Teams requests and many more. If you are interested in getting more information, or need help implementing Teams apps, you can connect with us here.