Organizations are very complex environments where concrete solutions are needed, and many challenges must be overcome when planning and implementing information protection projects. Furthermore, securing an organization’s information is more critical than ever for all-size organizations. Therefore, data security is more than just compliance with regulatory laws because information is the principal asset for all organizations nowadays and must be protected.
Data breaches are costly for organizations in all industries, but Healthcare continued to incur the highest average breach costs at $7.13 million – a 10.5% increase over the 2019 study.
Users who are responsible for ensuring the security of their organization’s data may face the following challenges:
- An organization’s data is constantly growing and being stored and shared in new directions. The task of discovering, protecting, and governing your sensitive data never ends. You must ensure that content regarding your organization is shared with the correct people and applications with the proper permissions.
- Understanding the risk levels in your organization’s data requires diving deep into your content and looking for keywords, RegEx patterns, and sensitive data types. For example, sensitive data types might include Credit Card numbers, Social Security numbers, or Bank Account numbers. You must constantly monitor all data sources for sensitive content, as even the most minor data loss can be critical to your organization.
- Ensuring that your organization continues to comply with corporate security policies is a challenging task as your content grows and changes and as those requirements and guidelines are updated for evolving digital realities. Security administrators need to ensure data security in the quickest time possible.
Microsoft Purview overview
- Create a holistic, up-to-date map of your data landscape with automated data discovery, sensitive data classification, and end-to-end data lineage.
- Enable data curators to manage and secure your data estate.
- Empower data consumers to find valuable, trustworthy data.
Microsoft Purview is the right solution.
Organizations can use Microsoft Purview solution catalog to discover, learn, and quickly get started with compliance and risk management solutions:
- Information protection and governance section: The Information protection & governance section briefly shows how you can use Microsoft Purview solutions to protect and govern data in your organization.
- Insider risk management section: The Insider risk management section on the home page shows you at a glance how your organization can identify, analyze, and take action on internal risks before they cause harm.
- Discovery & response section: The Discovery & response section on the home page seemingly shows how your organization can quickly find, investigate, and respond to compliance issues with relevant data.
Microsoft Purview addresses the issues mentioned in the previous sections and helps enterprises get the most value from their existing information assets.
Download the whitepaper to learn more
Fill out the form below to get a free whitepaper with relevant information on how you can use Microsoft Purview, and learn scenarios of how to protect your data and prevent data loss within your organization.