Need for Endpoint Management Solution
In the post-pandemic world, the new normal has reshaped and redefined the way organizations now work and manage data security. As we have evolved to work from home and remote work makes up a larger percentage of the employees, organizations are now vulnerable to more risks and security breaches compared to ever before. According to a study shared by Microsoft, 59 percent of organizations let employees use their own devices for work. This results in a dire need for an effective and appropriate endpoint management solution.
Imagine if previously organizations had to ensure no one could hack into one corporate network, now there is a whole new perimeter to monitor and secure which involves employees, and their devices, connected to public networks in a much larger space; and in some cases, geographically dispersed as well, comprising of both BYOD and corporate devices.
Similarly, we have evolved from corporate networks and legacy apps to cloud-managed and SaaS apps. Corporate data is now being accessed on multiple personal and IoT devices than one single corporate-owned device. The endpoints we now have to secure are not just business owned, but both business and personally owned.
Not only from a security standpoint, access to updates and the latest version of apps promptly for employees, but we also need personal and remote devices to be managed remotely to effectively roll out important updates and ensure every endpoint is safe and up to date to work seamlessly and securely, ensuring employee productivity is not compromised.
We have some key challenges that can be solved with effective and efficient endpoint management:
- Remote and hybrid work environments comprising public and corporate networks
- Multiple devices – both corporate and personal owned emphasize the importance of securing all endpoints at all times to prevent data leaks
- Management of multiple apps and platforms for all operating systems and devices
- Ensuring consistent and secure access to corporate data for remote and hybrid employees, partners, clients, and other stakeholders
- Access to the latest version of apps and updates for remote and hybrid employees
- Risk and vulnerability management
- Juggling security vs. productivity priorities – allowing employees to have access and work productively without compromising on security
Microsoft Endpoint Manager combines the Microsoft Intune and Configuration Manager solutions to provide modern management of endpoints with the protection of a Zero Trust strategy.
The key features of Endpoint Manager are:
- Enhanced app protection and device protection from one cloud-based platform, allowing employees to use their devices securely to access corporate data
- Co-management is a cost-effective digital investment solution that reduces the burden of managing multiple tools and platforms for device management
- Conditional Access controls allow for enhanced and more effective control
- Secure managed and unmanaged devices and apps
- Unified healthy and consistent apps and updates deployment for compliance
- specific enrollment methods for iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows
- Portal for users to enroll BYOD devices
- Lesser support requests as endpoint management allow for faster device provisioning and upgrades, therefore, reducing the monitoring and troubleshooting time
- Zero-touch provisioning with automated enrollment options for corporate devices
Your Endpoint Management Journey:
The three key stages for your endpoint management journey may look like:
- Assessment of existing endpoint management strategy and challenges
- Requirements gathering from compliance, security, BDMs and solution architects
- Workshops and training sessions to explore the options and solutions available for your business and technical needs
- Build management policies to protect test users and test devices
- Understanding analytics and reporting options, device compliance insights, MDM migration and device retirement
- Understand device lifecycle management (Enroll, Configure, Protect, Support and Retire)
- High-level overview presentations of the capabilities of the Microsoft Endpoint Manager platform, with a focus on:
- unified management
- zero-touch provisioning
- advanced analytics
- mobile device management
- app protection
- conditional access
- endpoint security
- endpoint analytics features of Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Azure Active Directory
Development of plan for PoC or production pilot to test the options and solution features in your environment, customized for your devices and users.
If you have been facing challenges mentioned above, learn more about the Endpoint management workshop here and let our team of experts guide you through the process of implementing an effective solution.